Saturday, 29 May 2010

Finished timeline...

I have printed my timeline on a LONG roll of paper, which James in the print room kindly ordered especially for me. It is very thin, and will therefore fold quite easily.

The overall print looked like this:

I have folded the strip up so that it is just smaller than A5 - like the other context books. I did my best to get it quite straight and neat, but I knew from the beginning that it would be tricky to get it perfect! This is the finished cut strip ready to go into its cream cover....

I am quite pleased with the final outcome, mainly because I thought I wasn't going to be able to print it as one piece to fold up. This timeline is the aspect of my design context that I have enjoyed producing most. I have learnt a lot from the research that I have done regarding the history of print, some of which has been really fascinating. I also feel that this represents the more personal aspect of the design context - my interest in printing and how it has developed over time into something that is now so everyday. This timeline has allowed me to really get into the history of how printing has developed and why we use certain processes, I now feel better informed about printing and why it is such a versatile medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment