Monday 18 January 2010

Existing cover designs

I have been trying to find some existing book covers for those listed in the brief - proving trickier than I initially thought. The images below I found on Amazon, though the selection of different prints was very limited. It would seem that these H G Wells are probably the lesser known of his works, and therefore it is understandable why Orion want the covers to become more modern and engaging.















































All of these designs are very image focused; I think that a typographic approach to the book covers might make them more appealing to younger readers, or those who are less likely to read period fiction. These designs feel old and dusty, I would not be drawn to one of these books should I see them on a shop shelf. The brief calls for something brighter, more modern, more engaging and generally more impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment