Monday 19 April 2010

Basics Design: Print and Finish...

This book contains a really comprehensive overview of the modern process of printing, as well as looking at substrates, finishes and production. The information here is well explained and the navigation is very clear. It gives a good explanation and then shows examples of work from a variety of different designers and companies. The explanations of the process are informative and very clear making them easy to understand despite some being quite complicated.
I think that these explanations will help me to put together a good overview of the different process, together with information and explanations from other sources.

The best thing about this book is that it is printed on lots of different stocks, which I would love to do with my publication, but I'm not sure if it is possible...

Ambrose, G & Harris, P. (2006) Basics Design: Print and Finish. Ava Publishing; Switzerland.





No comments:

Post a Comment