Saturday 24 April 2010

What to include...

I am now at the stage where I need to make decisions about what I should include in my design context books. I want to choose processes and information that are relevant and the most common - not in a sense that they are well known, but most used. I have made lists below of everything that I could include and highlighted which ones I am going to use, and which section they will be included in:
Printing Processes Finishing Techniques Not included

Offset Lithography
Flexography
Gravure
Thermography
Engraving
Reprographics
Digital Printing
Screen printing
Letterpress
Intaglio
Hot-metal
Foil blocking
Pad printing
Embossing
Die cutting
Laminating
Varnishing
Lino-cut
Wash printing
Duplexing

I have chosen the options above because they are the most commonly used and some of the other techniques listed may fall under a larger umbrella that will be described. In the case of digital print, which is very commonly used, I do not want to include it because there is very little to explain about the process. It is also almost too common, and would simply be over looked within the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment