Monday 19 April 2010

The British Library Guide to Printing: History & Techniques...

I bought this book to get a better insight into the origins and initial process of printing. It has been really useful and informative, and I now feel that I better understand how print has developed from the very earliest of woodcuts to the mechanical processes that are used in modern printing. I want to include an introduction of print in my book, as I think that understanding what print originally was and what it has become is important to understanding the essence of what print design is and can be.The history is very well explained, and the dates that have been included can help me to create a timeline of print from the very beginning to modern day. The images in this book could also be very useful as they are high quality, and I will be able to reproduce them in my own publication.

Twyman, M (1998) The British Library Guide to Printing: History and Techniques. London; The British Library



No comments:

Post a Comment